Monday, February 9, 2009

What's Your F.E.A.R.

I recently got the F.E.A.R. 2 Demo and just finished it. It ends too suddenly in the middle of a boss battle. Gah, makes me want the game as soon as possible.

And I only recently finished the first F.E.A.R. It took me a while, mainly because it was such a bland and repetitive, and every level look the same. Sure, it had a fantastic story, but it all looked a bit 1999-ish.

F.E.A.R. 2 is much better looking, with a better HUD, more variety of environments and it's back in the hands of Monolith, who made the original. The expansions, which I have not played, were made by Vivendi, I think. Apparently, they weren't as good.

So go out and get the demo. It's only 1.7GB!.

Also, I wish the HUD didn't flicker when Alma appears. It would give me more of a fright if I had no idea what was coming.

No comments: